Monday, June 20, 2011

May 19th, 2011 Lovejoy Bakers


Lovejoy Bakers

939 NW 10th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97209

(503) 208-3113

http://lovejoybakers.com/

Everyday 6 AM – 8 PM

May 19th, 2011

Hello summer weather! It’s hot today and no ones shy about showing off their summer themed outfits.  This time of year is always a positive one while I walk to work admiring all the beautiful women in this town taking advantage of the weather.  To those of you who prefer the male gender I’m sure there is plenty of good-looking ones walking around, I just tend not to notice them as much.  Moving on!
I was told by many a people at work that Lovejoy Bakers is always a solid place to go for a sando and I tend to take their opinions pretty serious when it comes to good food so I hoofed it down Lovejoy way.  With the sun out and it being Friday everyone was taking full advantage of the outdoor seating they have available at the bakery.  Many customers were also enjoying a Mimosa or Bloody Mary that the bakery offers on their menu, which I think is a great idea. 
The Menu itself is quite huge.  They offer their main sandos, breakfast sandos, salads, & soups.  With their menus hanging right above part of their kitchen, which happens to be open, its fun to watch the bakers kneading and baking off bread as you stand in line to order.  I approached the register and put in my sando request, a Lamb Meatball with Harissa Aioli, Cucumber Pickles, & Red Onion on a Ciabatta Roll.  Sounds fantastic.  They gave me a number and I found a place to sit while I waited/people watched. Again I’m a big fan of this because it always amazes me to see other peoples eating habits in a public setting.  After about ten minutes one of the cashiers called out my number and I happily grabbed my sando. 
As I pulled my sando out of the bag I also realized it had come with a side of coleslaw, which is always a welcome surprise.  I dove into the sando with a great deal of hunger followed by instant satisfaction that I’d choose correctly.  I finished my lunch on my way into work, soaking in any and all sun I could. I felt really good to start my day and serve up some good eats.

Rating:

Bread:
The Bread was a pressed and griddled ciabatta roll. It had a very lovely crunch to the crust and the crumb was still soft.  The flavor was great too. All around one of the better ciabattas I’ve had so far. 
5/5


Filling:
The filling was Lamb Meatballs. Red Onion, Cucumber Pickles, and a Harissa Aioli.  I love the idea of the Harissa Aioli with any kind of lamb sando because it’s a flavor combo that works well though it was a bit smothered in it.  The Meatballs themselves were quite good as well.  You get the acid, sweetness, & crunchy from the pickles and onions. It was a good pick.
4/5

Price:
At $8 for this sando I’d say you get a fair deal since you get a side of coleslaw but had it not had the side it would have felt a bit lackluster in size. 
4/5

Customer Service, Sides, Drink Selection:
Their customer service was great. Very helpful and happy to have people in it felt.  They have a great amount of drinks and some sides to choose from so don’t think you’ll walk away wanting. Their
4/5

Over all Rating: 17/20 points

Repeat Visit?
Yes. If anything to get some bread or one of their breakfast sandos that everyone raves about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment