Monday, June 20, 2011

May 20th, 2011 Fotis' Greek Deli


Foti's Greek Deli

1740 E Burnside St, Portland, Oregon 97214

(503) 232-0274

Mon-Sat 10 AM - 7 PM








May 20th, 2011
Since it was Saturday I decided to drive into work and give myself the break of having to walk home around midnight after a long day on the line.  Also by driving I’m allowing myself to check out Fotis Greek Deli that I’ve had my eye on for a bit and was just waiting for the right moment to go.  Today was the day.  I arrived shortly after they opened.  There wasn’t anyone else there except a mother with her young daughter who had just finished ordering when I stepped in.  The kitchen is wide open for all to see and they have a lot of room to work in which is quite impressive.  I had to laugh at the scene of this gigantic kitchen and only two cooks at the present moment working in it. 
I didn’t have to even look at the menu because I knew that I wanted the Gyro with Feta cheese.  Everyone I knew said that is the item to get and I’m not about to argue with experience.  As I waited I took a short walk around their storefront.  They offer lots of unique and fun ingredients to purchase as well as several wider known items.  I was quite anxious to try some Greek dishes where I’d need to stop in for something particular.
They handed me my Gyro and I accepted it with a big smile as well as a growling stomach.  I was so eager to start devouring this lovely treat but I thought I should wait and make my way into work first as to not chance spilling anything on myself on the drive. 
As I parked my car near work I couldn’t help but get started. I almost finished the entire Gyro before getting in the front door.  My friend Kris said hello to me as I started to approach him and his eyes suddenly lit up with excitement and he said, “Oh man! Fotis?! I almost went there today! Let me have a bite.”  I obliged. He seemed pretty happy.  I finished the rest in the back as not to rub it in my face of my other co-workers.  Finished, full, and ready to work I changed, prepping myself for the day ahead.

Rating:

Bread:
The bread was warmed Pita with a light and chewy texture. What more can really be said or wanted.
4/5

Filling:
This particular Gyro had Lamb, Tzatziki Sauce, Lettuce, Onion, Tomato, & Feta cheese on it.  Absolutely delicious and had me wishing I had purchased another. Though one was enough.  
5/5

Price:
The Gyro without the Feta was $5.20 and with was $5.95.  Probably the best deal I’ve found this whole tour.  Awesome.
5/5

Customer Service, Sides, Drink Selection:
The customer service was just what you want. They’re helpful and friendly. They had remembered one woman and her daughter that came in from a previous visit before.  Since the inside is like a market there are plenty of sides and drinks available to you. 
4/5

Over all Rating: 18/20 points

Repeat Visit?
I will indeed. I will be enjoying many a Gyro from Fotis.    

No comments:

Post a Comment