Sunday, June 5, 2011

May 5th, 2011 Big A** Sandwich




Big-A** Sandwiches

290 Southwest Ash Street, Portland, OR

(503) 803-0619


Mon –Fri 11 AM – 5 PM; Sat & Sun 11 AM – 4 PM

May 5th, 2011

I was starving. I was so hungry I was getting light headed.  On the walk to work I figured the only thing that would be perfect to cure this emptiness would be a big ass Sandwich. It’s reasonable I would say, yes? I knew going into this that they put French fries on their Sandwich but I had heard plenty of good things about them so I figured “Why not.”
The cart is pretty well put together. I was very impressed with the set up.  They also have a get set up over the iPhone where you can order using an App. and pay with your debit card through their iPhone register app. I looked over the menu and got their signature sandwich, The Big Ass Sandwich.  I waited out in the front patiently as I began to watch a large line form. This gave me some hope that I choose correctly.
I was handed my sando and took it to their tables next to the cart to enjoy. Well sure enough if this wasn’t a big ass disappointment.  As I unwrapped it, I took careful notice of the huge Ciabatta roll, MASSIVE amount of fries, small amount meat, and bit of sauce.  I had to remove more than ¾ of the fries from the monstrosity and I was left with almost nothing and a whole lot of bread.  I ate about half of it and a few extra fries.
Completely unsatisfied, still hungry, and craving some vegetables, I walked the rest of the way to work. Can’t win’em all I guess.

Rating:

Bread:
The bread was a ciabatta roll from Fleur De Lis Bakery.  As Ciabatta goes, it wasn’t bad. It was quite large but then again this was a “Big ass Sandwich”.
3/5

Filling:
The filling was as follows: 4 ounces of roast turkey, 2 ounces of Sauce, and (sigh) almost a pound of fries. I took the majority of the fries off and ate some of them separately but even still I was shocked at the amount of actual meat compared to bread and fries.  Dismal.  At least the meat and sauce had good flavor, though it was lost.
1/5

Price:
$7 for a French-fry sandwich. Terrible.
1/5

Customer Service, Sides, Drink Selection:
The customer service was great. They’re very friendly people who enjoy serving their customer base.  They have a decent soda selection and the sides consist of Coleslaw and, wait for it….FRIES!
3/5

Over all Rating: 8/20 points

Repeat Visit?
No Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment